Avoid scams that trick you into providing personal information by following these guidelines:
1. Download the official Shopee App
- Get your Shopee App via these official sources to enjoy the latest security updates.
- Android Play Store
- iOS App Store
- Huawei App Gallery
2. Keep all transactions within Shopee
- When you're buying on Shopee, always make sure to keep all transactions within the Shopee app or our official website—shopee.sg.
- Be wary of anyone who asks you to make payment without going through the checkout page.
3. Look out for suspicious-looking messages
- Poor spelling and grammar, or links that request for sensitive information such as your password, or one-time password (OTP) are signs of a scam message.
4. Never share sensitive account information
- Account information such as passwords, OTPs, password reset links, and even a photo of yourself can help fraudsters get access to your account.
- Do not share any credit/debit card details.
- As Shopee will never ask you for this information outside of the Shopee App, be wary of those who ask.
5. Practice good password habits
- Change your account password and ShopeePay PIN number regularly.
- Avoid using the same passwords/PIN numbers across different platforms.
- Never share your password/PIN with anyone
If you have submitted any account or personal information to suspicious third parties, you should immediately report it to our Shopee Customer Service. at +65 6206 6610. Alternatively, you can chat with our live agents by following the steps below:
Go to the Me tab > Chat with Shopee > select Chat with Live Agent.
Learn more about common scams and how you can deal with them.